Create a Snapchat Account
You also need to create a Snapchat account before you can use the app. Learn how to download the Snapchat app, create a Snapchat username, and get started.
To create a Snapchat account…
- Download Snapchat for iOS
or download Snapchat for Android
- Open the app and tap ‘Sign Up’ to create a new Snapchat account.
- Enter your name and tap ‘Sign Up & Accept.’ Then enter your birthday.
- Create a Snapchat username.
You can’t change your Snapchat username later, so choose wisely!
- Choose a secure password .
We recommend making your password 10 characters or longer so it’s extra strong.
- Enter your phone number and verify it for account security.
You can also tap ‘sign up with email instead’ if you don’t want to use your phone number.
- Find your friends.
You can allow access to your contacts to add your friends easily.
Now that you have a Snapchat account, you can send Snaps, post Stories, play games and more!
If you’re not sure where to start, learn how to use Snapchat.
Set up a Snapchat account for business
In order to start advertising with Snapchat, you’ll first need a Snapchat account! This allows you to log into Ads Manager. You can set up an account online or right from your phone.
To set up your account online:
- Go to ads.snapchat.com.
- Next to ‘New to Snapchat?’ click ‘Sign up.’
- Enter your name and a username.
- Please Note: You cannot change your username after you’ve created it. Additionally, only your name and the invited email address will be displayed to you or other members of your Business. Your username will not appear.
- Make a secure password that will be easy to remember.
- Enter in a valid email address.
- Enter your birthday.
- You can then verify your account to secure it by downloading Snapchat on your phone.
- Now you can use your username and password to access Ads Manager. Then you can begin advertising on Snapchat!